This article provides the steps to edit and add events in Narthex. This article also provides quick tips for Narthex.
NOTE: If you don’t see an option under Quick Links on Narthex.ca for “Manage Events and Announcements” you will not be able to complete the following as you do not have proper permission. After consulting with your Executive Minister/Officer, contact Bill Gillard, Web Services Manager to request access.
Steps to Add and Edit Events on Narthex:
- Navigate to the homepage of Narthex.ca.
- Click the “Manage Events and Announcements” link in the Quick Links.
- Click the New menu on the top left of the page
- Select UCCEvent
- You can edit the new page easily. Start by giving the page a name where it says “Name your page.” You can also add a banner image by clicking the image icon to the left.
- You can add text, images, video, files, etc. by clicking on the “+” icon below the title.
- Once you are finished with the page content, click the “Page Details” link at the top left of the page. A new panel will open where you MUST enter additional data.
- UCCAbstract/Description: A short description of the event which appears in the Events web part on the home page. Both are required!
- UCCEventStartDate: The date and time you event begins
- UCCEventEndDate: The date and time your event ends
- UCCEventCategory: This is the green tag that appears with the event. Click the tag icon for a list and select whichever is most relevant. You can only select one.
- UCCEventVisibleDate: The date you want the event to start appearing in the list
- UCCEventHideDate: The date you want the event to stop appearing in the list
- Click Publish on the top-right of the page when complete.
- Upon publish, you will be asked to “Help others find your page”. DO NOT select one of the options, and simply click the X in the top left of that side bar.
- Return back to the Narthex home page. You may not see the event listed immediately – it could take up to 15 minutes to appear.
- You can change the “owner” (visible contact person) of any Event or Announcement by clicking the name directly below the title while editing a page. Start typing their email address to look up any staff person.
- While editing a page, you can link to an email address by selecting any text and using the link tool in the text editor by adding mailto: to the beginning, followed with their full email address. For example mailto:email@example.com.
- You can change the number of columns in the body of a page (useful for adding an image, video, etc.) by clicking the “Edit” icon (pencil with square) to the left of the body when editing a page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.