This article outlines the steps to save an Outlook email to SharePoint.
So, you have an email that you want to keep, but you don’t want a paper copy. How do you get it into SharePoint? Open the message and follow these steps:
From Outlook - Classic
- Select “File” from the ribbon. Then select “Save As”
- A window will pop up and you can choose where to save the email. If you are syncing with OneDrive, you can save directly into the target library by selecting it from The United Church of Canada location and selecting the library to save to.
- If you are not syncing with OneDrive, you can save to Desktop and drag and drop the file into the library of your choice using the browser.
- You will still need to go and supply metadata in SharePoint to make sure you can find the file again.
From Outlook - Modern in Chrome
- Open the message you want to save.
- Select the three dots “…” at the top right hand corner of the menu to open the actions menu.
- Select “Print”.
- Select “Print” again when the Outlook Preview window opens.
- In the Chrome Print window, under “Destination” select “Save as PDF”.
- Save the PDF file into your synced library folder (if you are using OneDrive to sync the library) or save it to your Desktop and drag and drop it through the browser.