This article outlines how to reset your user account password in the Self-Service Password Reset portal for both cloud-only (Azure AD) user accounts and hybrid (domain-joined to uccan.org) user accounts, as the experience is the same.
Section A - Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) Portal
1) Open your web browser and navigate to to the Self-Service Password Reset Portal: https://aka.ms/sspr
2) Enter your email address and the characters in the picture (example shown below) and then select Next.
3) Select your step 1 verification option (this is the same authentication method used for MFA). If you have a smartphone with the Microsoft Authenticator App installed, you would select 'approve a notification on my authenticator app' and select Send Notification (shown below). Approve the notification on your smartphone.
2) Select your step 2 verification option (this is the same authentication method used for MFA). Select 'text my mobile phone', enter your mobile phone number, and Select Text (shown below).
3) A verification code will be sent to your mobile phone via text which you must enter in where it says enter in your verification code and then select Next (shown below).
4) Enter your new password and confirm your new password and click Finish (shown below).
5) After you reset your password, you will receive a Password Reset Notification email in your inbox (an example shown below).
Section B - Connect to UCC VPN to use new password and update cached credentials
The below steps should only be followed if you have a hybrid (domain-joined to uccan.org) user account. A VPN connection must be established first in order to communicate with the GCO network to use the new password and update the cached credentials on your system when signing into Windows.
6) Connect to the UCC VPN-SSL via Forticlient using your username and your new password (shown below).
7) On your system, press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select 'Switch user' (shown below).
8) Type in your username with the new password and sign in.