This article outlines how to reset your user account password in the Self-Service Password Reset portal.
1) Open your web browser and navigate to to the Self-Service Password Reset Portal: https://aka.ms/sspr
2) Enter your email address and the characters in the picture (example shown below) and then select Next.
3) Select your step 1 verification option (this is the same authentication method used for MFA). If you have a smartphone with the Microsoft Authenticator App installed, you would select 'approve a notification on my authenticator app' and select Send Notification (shown below). Approve the notification on your smartphone.
2) Select your step 2 verification option (this is the same authentication method used for MFA). Select 'text my mobile phone', enter your mobile phone number, and Select Text (shown below).
3) A verification code will be sent to your mobile phone via text which you must enter in where it says enter in your verification code and then select Next (shown below).
4) Enter your new password and confirm your new password and click Finish (shown below).
5) After you reset your password, you will receive a Password Reset Notification email in your mailbox (an example shown below).
6) Connect to the UCC VPN-SSL via Forticlient using your username and your new password (shown below).
7) On your system, press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select 'Switch user' (shown below).
8) Type in your username with the new password and sign in.
Article is closed for comments.