This article explains what are the best practices to link Microsoft Form with/to SharePoint list using Power Automate Flow
1. Create your Microsoft Form
- Open Microsoft Form, Click "New Form" and then "New Quiz" as shown in the screenshot below:
- Create the Form and include all the questions which you want.
2. Create a SharePoint List
- NOTE: Make sure SharePoint List columns sequence must match sequence of questions in the MS Forms.
3. Link a Form to the SharePoint List
- Open Microsoft Power Automate, Click on CREATE and then Automated Cloud Flow as shown in the screenshot.
- Follow the steps shown in the screenshot below:
- Fill all the column details and click Save on the top right corner.
- Here are some Keywords Glossary that is used in Flow:
- Trigger: A trigger is an event that starts a cloud flow.
- Form id: form ID is a unique identifier for a specific form that is used in conjunction with the "Get response details" action. This action allows you to retrieve the details of a response submitted to a Microsoft Form or other supported form provider.
- Response id: The response id is the id of the response to the Microsoft form. If you want to save the response to SharePoint List, you could use create item action. Then you could get the new list item.
4. Fill out the Microsoft Form and you will see those details in you connected SharePoint List.